Recently I've been asked to define Big Fish Ministries.
What is it and what do we do?
Big Fish Ministries really began as an idea God placed in my husband's head and heart, July 2002, after he rededicated his life to the Lord. We were still separated at the time (I was obviously still involved in the occult) and Thom was coming out of the night club scene where he'd been a successful DJ.
He began doing a lot of research on the internet about growing closer to God through Bible study and prayer. He discovered a website called 24-7 Prayer, a movement out of the United Kingdom, and was immediately intrigued with the notion of continual prayer. God put it on Thom's heart to sponsor a week of non-stop prayer in the church he'd started attending after his re-dedication to Jesus and Big Fish Ministries was officially born.
It's been a slow process these last three years, getting started and waiting on the Lord. Yet in that time God has been allowing us to do "the stuff" here and there, define the goals of Big Fish Ministries, and put faith into practice.
What We Do:
- Kristine ReMixed ( Inspirational and informational blog about Christian life)
- Speaking on topics relevant to Christian life (Testimony, prayer, spiritual warfare, marriage, homelessness, dealing with depression, the occult )
- Spiritual Warfare Counseling (Meeting the needs of people dealing with spiritual harassment or have come out of the occult)
What We Would Like To Facilitate:
- Worship and Art Night (Partnering with churches/ministries for a time of worship, prayer, and spiritual expression through artistic media…painting, sculpture, drawing)
- Mobile Prayer Rooms (offering dedicated space for people to express their prayers in a variety of ways including art, music, writing, etc)
- Social Justice (working with other churches/ministries to give blankets to homeless, meet needs of local communities as they are discovered, provide resources for the homeless, educ)
- Unity of The Church (Put simply a desire and a calling to work toward one goal, Unity of the Church by bringing many congregations and faith families together in unity to BE The Church)
So there you have it.